Cardiac Nurses works with patients who suffer from various conditions of the cardiovascular system. Cardiac nurses help treat conditions such as unstable angina, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction and cardiac dysrhythmia under the direction of a cardiologist. Along with cardiologist’s cardiac nurses also have to perform some duties such as postoperative care on a surgical unit, stress test evaluations, cardiac monitoring, vascular monitoring, and health assessments. Cardiac nurses work in many different environments, including coronary care units (CCU), cardiac catheterization, intensive care units (ICU), operating theatres, cardiac rehabilitation centres, clinical research, cardiac surgery wards, cardiovascular intensive care units (CVICU), and cardiac medical wards.
- Track 1-1 Interventional cardiac nurses
- Track 2-2 Health assessments
- Track 3-3 Cardiac and vascular monitoring
- Track 4-4 Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Track 5-5 Caring for Heart Transplant patients
- Track 6-6 Stress Test Evaluations